The ever so ugly ginger rhizome surprisingly has some pretty perks. Whether grated, pickled, candied or pureed, ginger packs a peppery punch to the palate. From warming up in the wintertime with my mom’s carrot-ginger soup to dipping the pickled slices in a little soy and wasabi, I have always had a love for this ingredient.
Not only is ginger known for its bold taste, but also its many health benefits:
- Cleanses & refreshes the palate
- Fights against the cold & flu
- Detoxifies the body & clears sinuses
- Aids in digestion & naseau
- Reduces muscle pain & inflammation
So, enjoy it with your next salmon roll, blend it into your weekly juice detox, garnish it on your ahi tuna steaks, puree it into your bowl of soup, or add it into a cleansing cup of tea.
Image via: http://pinterest.com/pin/257408934922321707/